Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Water 2.0

 


Yesterday's hail storm; more coming today. 
The sky turned almost black and Mother Nature was having a major temper tantrum.

I bragged a little too much about my Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter cactus. 
Then:



Now:


I had to google what the heck I did to it, and of course it's all my fault. 
Over-watering.  PSHAWWW.    Now what?  I hope it can be saved. 



First batch of refrigerator pickles- done!  

Thankful that our container garden veggies survived yesterday's storm. 

Speaking of thankful, I had a very nice, long talk with my niece last night.  It was so good to hear her voice, and the conversation left me with a warm heart hug.  It's been entirely too long since I have talked to her,  We usually text.  Texting has really messed up communication with friends and loved ones, don't you think?  

I hope the weather is sweeter where you are.  Have a great hump day!



sharing with Betty, Michelle, & Yogi





11 comments:

Amy said...

I've got the same plant here, I think it's flowers are a dark pink but I've eased back on watering it over winter.

Elephant's Child said...

Our Christmas cactii thrive on neglect. I hope yours comes back.
We had hail here this week too - in some parts of the city.
I think that texting is so much less personal. I don't do a lot of it.
Have a great week (it is early Thursday here).

roentare said...

The pickles look so refreshing to eat.

L. D. said...

I rarely water my cactus but you don't want to let it wilt either from too little of water. My seems to be budding right now and I don't know why. We are moving back into drought like season again.

Klara said...

I have craving for pickles now ;-)

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

My plant brings flowers around cristmastime

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Yikes... That's one where you want to run for cover!. Hope there was no damage.

Light and Voices said...

Hail storm video was well done. Run for cover. I'm hoping all is well. Love to eat pickles.

Red Rose Alley said...

You got hail! We had some as well this year, but it only lasted for a short while. Your canned pickles look delicious. It's nice that you got to catch up with your niece on the phone. Yes, texting is a bit different than phone conversations. It seems people don't have a heart to heart conversation on the phone anymore.

Have a peaceful weekend.

~Sheri

Farm Girl said...

Wow you have been busy. We have been gone to the East Coast for the last month. I am home as all of the weather was scary/different/ cool/ but I am glad to get back to California where it isn't so radical.
I got back to a crazy garden, so I have to get busy too.
Have a lovely day.

DeniseinVA said...

Texting seems to be the norm these days but I would much rather have a phone call. We had quite a hailstorm here in our part of Virginia a few days ago. I'll have a post about it tomorrow. I hope your cactus can be saved. I bet those pickles will taste delicious!