Aug 5, 2026

Ranch Rounds ~ So Long, Farewell

Out at the pond:  


This youngin showed up a few days ago just floating around in my pond like he owned the joint.  Big, big, BIG thank you to USFW (USDA, I'm not exactly sure which one)for giving him a lift back to the river.  He was 5 feet long, and the guys thought maybe he got kicked out of his congregation by older males.  Very territorial, I assume. 

            

Bye bye, little dude. :)

Out in the yard: 


Sorry so blurry!  I got to see my Purple Martin babies lined up before they all took off for South America.  They left a little early this year for some reason. I miss their chirping at dusk and their singing during the day.


front porch: 


Speaking of territorial ~



Sometimes you just have to call a truce...if only for a second or two.
 

sharing with   Michelle for Thankful Thursday &  Eileen @ Saturday's Critters

17 comments:

Michelle said...

My hummers do the same thing and I have several feeders, but they still fight. Yikes on the gator!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A gator of your very own! Nice that he is relocated! We have fighting hummers too...we think two males:(

Anvilcloud said...

Ahh the hummingbird battles, but geez that gator.

HappyK said...

Got to hear they got that alligator out of. there! :). Love the hummingbirds!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful hummingbirds.

All the best Jan

Granny Sue said...

Oh my! Big fella right there! Nice that they were able to relocate him.
Love the hummingbird photos.

Shug said...

Our hummingbirds are finally back...not sure where they have been, but thankful they are back. I enjoy seeing the martins and the neat houses..

Michelle said...

Thank you for linking up!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Terri,
I am glad the gator was removed from your pond. That would a scary yard critter. I love the Purple Martins and the Hummingbird, great captures. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Hummers are so much fun but hard to photograph! You did a great job. Glad to get the gator out of there. They are scary! haha! Even for me! Hugs, Diane

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, the hummers are so beautiful. I hope you are having good August days!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Glad the little gator was safely relocated, and what a sweet photo of the Purple Martins!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I am drinking coffee from the new old pot, and loving it. I bought the pod you add coffee to, but it makes a mess and is really hard to wash out. We still have no wild life but the turtle, since the 4th of July war of the world scared them off. I miss them

MadSnapper n Beau said...

We still have zero birds, squirrels, nothing but the worlds dumbest slider turtle living in the pool.

photowannabe said...

I haven't seen our hummers for a while but they sure are territorial.
Yay on the gator relocation. That would be unnerving to see.
Thanks for commenting on my latest blog post.
Sue

Yvonne said...

That makes me glad we don't have to deal with gators. How nice you support a colony of Purple Martins. Must be interesting having them around. They are so pretty. Very nice hummingbird shots. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.

handmade by amalia said...

I'd rather have a hummer than a gator, yes I would.
Amalia
xo