A July Day


It's been a long time since I participated in this meme, and since I haven't been able to get out much to take any new photos,  I thought this would be just fine for a post today.  

Around the house: 
We are starting to get back into some sort of routine, and DH is recuperating very well.  

What's on tv? 
The Tour de France.  
(every now and then we watch something else, but mostly I am trying to catch up on my reading, blogging, and some web page work for the genealogy society, I don't normally watch tv much.) 

What am I reading? 
 Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow (thanks to a suggestion from Kim at My Field of Dreams  ..thanks Kim!) 

How's the weather?  
Hot, like in fry an egg on the sidewalk HOT.  110-116 heat index day after day. But it's summer and it's Arkansas, so it's normal. 

Random thought? 
 I think that the new Colonel Sanders in the KFC ad is just a tad creepy. (especially when he says "and a big ole cookie") 

From my boardroom ~ I love prim!:

Follow Terri Buster's board Primitive Country on Pinterest.

Looking forward to:
Dinner at a favorite Tex-Mex restaurant with the kids this evening. It will be nice to get out of the house, and we are celebrating my daughter in law's birthday. 
Working on: 
Organizing old family photos: 
This is Emmer Jean Van and John Ashley- she was my half great grand aunt and is the subject of much speculation. I have to say that this is just about the most fascinating and also the most frustrating part of genealogy..trying to break down brick walls.  I think this is a celebration dinner..guessing maybe 50th anniversary? 1949 would be the year, if it is. 
If I could be anywhere right now, I would be here: 
Just breathe..
Yellowstone NP ~ water falls, rainbows, cooler temps, gorgeous views..sigh. 
Leave you with a smile:
 
Liam loves going to the theater. 

29 comments:

  1. My family was very, very skilled at building and maintaing those brick walls. Good luck in bringing yours down.
    Love that final smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to figure out half great grand aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your very varied post today. Boy you are having it hot your way. I do wish you could send us some as out weather this summer is miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post Terri. Wishing your hubby back to good health and love that last photo particularly, though I enjoyed them all. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad recovery is going well, but that heat!!! Theatre goers, staring young with all the trimmings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Terri, I agree with you on the new Colonel Sanders he is creepy. I love Tex-Mex, YUM! I love the old family photo, sweet. And the little one is adorable. Stay cool and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be at those refreshing looking waterfalls as well.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about the new Colonel Sanders. He doesn't even look real. Creepy indeed. The half greataunt or whatever her relation looks amazing like one of my grandmothers! Love the photo of little Liam.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute pic of Liam! We are very hot in GA too. I am longing for Autumn! How nice to be going out for dinner for your dil's birthday. I'm happy to read that your husband is doing well. Continued prayers for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love prim too! And I hope your sweet hubby feels better every day! Hugs to you both, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a cool meme! Glad your husband is doing well. I haven't been clicking the camera because the weather has been awful and my heart just isn't in it. I haven't seen the new Colonel Sanders!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad things are leveling out and going well. I think of you both.

    I was doing fine in this heat until you told me the heat index. I have this weird thing I do. I do not look at the temp until I finish what I'm doing outside. Then when I know, I can simply say, Hey, that wasn't bad for that temp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun meme!

    Stay cool!

    Cracking up at the Colonel Sanders! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was fun to read, Terri, and I enjoyed your photos. Liam is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't care for the KFC guy much, he is not the Colonel. It does make me want to eat their chicken, I don't go often. A nice share of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a fun read! I will have to try this meme sometime. I'm your neighbor to the north, so I know about the heat! It is beginning to wear us all down. After all the rains, then the heat. Ugh! I haven't seen the new Colonel yet, you've gotten me curious! lol! I'm glad to hear your DH is doing well! Take care and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have been busy and I enjoyed reading about what is going on.. including the cutie that loves to go to the theater. i have not seen the new KFC, we record every thing we watch and fast forward through commercials. wait wait...OK I am back, i went to Youtbue and watched a commercial and i agree on the creepy and I don't like his voice either.. we always loved KFC but now it is not as good as it used to be

    ReplyDelete
  18. I studied that book in Sunday School years ago and absolutely loved it! (makes me want to dig it out and look through it again)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think the 'new' col. sanders is icky, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw and read this post last night, but could not really take it in I was so weary. I fully enjoyed this today...it sounds like a meme I might enjoy when I had time to read. Also, how I love that old picture. don't you wish they could talk?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Also, very glad husband is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you about the new Colonel Sanders. He looks like a perv.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello there. I am from the Simple Woman blog. Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your post. I understand fully about family history and its frustration. Going through a bit of that on both mine and my husband's family

    ReplyDelete
  24. Liam is adorable and I am so glad your hubby is progressing so well. Enjoyed your meme and peak into your day.
    Yep, the new colonel is a mistake. He has dead eyes and looks like he would rather be elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ;-) Thank You for the birthday dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. And I thought we were hot--yikes! Love your family heritage photo and I hear you on the brick wall frustration...:)
    Blessings, Aimee
    PS: Glad to hear that your husband is doing very well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this post. Tells me a lot about you. You have to be melting.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate all of my visitors- please let me know you were here!