Good Intentions

Beware, this post is an overshare. 

Do you ever have the feeling that no matter what you do, or how much you try, or how fast you go- that you will never, ever finish all the things that need to be done?  That's me, this month.  I woke up on September 1 with the drive and ambition to GET THINGS DONE.

Now, here I sit, on September 30, thinking to myself  "wow, September is done".   I have wasted more time on this computer than I meant to- but I did intend to catch up on all the blog posts that I wanted to read..missing probably half of them, because I have an awful character trait that I call "chasing rabbits down the rabbit hole".   I'm a new Sunday School teacher and I wish you could hear me..it's ridiculous that I cannot stay on one train of thought...now see, off I go...I've done it again.

One blogger will post about some cool product, or a great recipe for LCHF diets, and off I go, looking for more info..  It's really why I love pinterest, because it is a perfect forum for people like me, with problem attention spans.  Every time someone posts a link to something in a post- well..I'm gone, and maybe, thirty minutes later..I might remember to go back and post a comment..but most likely not.  And then the next time I go visit that person's blog..I read the post and think...hey!  I already read this..why didn't I comment?  yeah..that's me.

This month my intentions were  to pull out my winter clothes from the winter tubs, wash, dry and iron, meanwhile putting  away the summer ones.  (Except for capris, because seriously..I could wear those all year round)  Instead, I have a mixture of both laying in the middle of the floor, and even though I did get a set of long sleeved shirts washed..I didn't iron them, and instead put them right back on top of the pile that is supposed to be for  summer tubs. Do y'all change out clothes or just leave them all out?  I learned the tub thing from my mom, but of course, she is better at it than I am. 

I meant to get these old SS books scanned for my genealogy society.


Yes, you read it right...INFESTED!  They are enclosed in plastic wrap and I have no earthly idea what "infested" means because I got them from the historical society and did not ask.  I'm going to take these outside today and just take phone pics.  If you don't see a blog post from me in a few days, it means I was eaten alive by whatever these books are infested with.

Well, I've bored you enough today, but you can thank me for not listing all the things I did not get done this month. (It's a two page list)  I have no idea what I will think tomorrow morning.  Perhaps I will just thank God for letting me wake up one more day and que sera sera.  

Have a wonderful day, and may yours be more productive than mine!  
linking with  Rubbish Tuesday 

31 comments:

  1. infested! eek! hope you open them up outside, first! :)

    i do have a couple of tubs of seasonal wear. i'm grateful to live in sweats and jeans for winter and shorts and tees for summer. the work clothes have been 'retired' for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so many projects started and then I get overwhelmed. I've been trying to sort through some clothes I never wear and try them on to see why I don't like them. I hate trying on! haha! I took some shirts I don't like to the sewing area. What if the fabric is good and I can use it? So now I'm moving things from one room to another! Hope you do better than ME! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too! Buttons, trim..sometimes even zippers if I am needing them. I don't like throwing anything away!

      Delete
  3. Infested eh? Good thing curiosity is strong. (I'd have to look, too. I've had a pretty exciting month with my searches so curiosity would be high if I had family information.) You have perfectly described bloggeritis! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great Terri, now I have two more things on MY list. Buy tubs. Put clothes in them.
    Seriously though, remember your yoga and just breathe. That is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here in FLorida we wear the same clothes year round. when i lived in GA and we had winter/summer things, i left them all out because i did not have very many. both seasons fit the closet with no problem... the tubs are a great idea. i used to push the winter to the back or the summer... i used to make a list, but have even stopped that.. i know i am not going to do it so why bother to write it down. yikes on the infested and good luck... i do know that when i was teaching Sunday School there would have been no time to blog, but back then there was no internet, and i last taught in 2000....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discovering that I need more time to study each day. I believe SS is much harder to teach than first grade. I just ask Him to speak through me..it really is a blessing. Sometimes I miss those pre-computer days!

      Delete
  6. I have done the same thing. We all have the best of intentions, but somehow fail to complete. When you get through, come clean my closets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Terri Yes I know what you are talking about but I have learned not to worry about it. Life is too short. I am back from my holidays over a week ago and still there are little piles around the house waiting to be either put away or sorted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can relate to everything to everything you've said. Where do the days go! I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary the word infested. Sounds fascinating. Although I'd be staring at them for awhile and maybe needing someone else with me if I took them out of the package. Rubber gloves a must!:) We will never get everything done. Such is the way of life:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri. You are not alone. I really, really want to be organized, but it just doesn't work out. I'm so hot natured these days, it really doesn't matter if I get out winter things. I do hope you and your home don't become infested too, while you are working with those books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to tub, now with my thin blood and A/C, I occasionally sit at my computer in a sweatsuit - in July.

    Must be some old books with some old bugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will have to share what you found the books to be infested with, strange indeed but the plastic is on the books for a reason.
    Sometimes I have to find motivation to finish things I've started but since there isn't a motivation drawer in the kitchen, things continue to slide.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't tub any winter things because it's cool enough to wear them in the mountains even in summer. I just hang my really summery things in the spare closet around this time - won't be needing them any more. It snowed here last night! Wow - keep that infestation at bay (maybe moths?). I tend to be petty organized, but I know and love lots of people who aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a classic case of ADD my dear. Come on in and join the group. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  15. Infested....hmmmm.
    Well, when I worked for the school district as a high school manager in the office, I remember several books were 'infested' with silverfish...it's a slithery creature that loves to eat paper. Maybe you have them in the books? Time will tell.

    I go off like that in research too. But I tend to leave a comment before I do. LOL
    Have a super day...don't forget those books and forget I said anything about silverfish...google will be there once you check 'em out...the books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Might be infested with silverfish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Infested???????????? And now I have to look up what kind a diet that is - thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe they gave you infested books. I do hope you make the unveiling a blog post.
    My closet is so small that I have to put my off seasonal clothes away. I have tubs and hanging wardrobes in my large shed. Think I will wait though. Last Spring, it took forever to finally get days warm enough consistently to put away my coats and sweaters. Right now it is jeans one day, shorts the next.

    ReplyDelete
  19. One thing you best do...tell us what they were infested with! You got me so curious! And I do the same thing, but more on a day to day basis...so much I want to so, so much I want to read, and so much I need to do and here I sit at the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a suggestion, but I'd stop making two page lists of things I didn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Silverfish? They like to eat books. With my luck those books would be the party house for lice, salmonella, and the Plague.

    Lists? Oh, dear, don't even start me on getting things done. I just try to move the dirt around so it looks like I've accomplished something.

    Enjoy. The work will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know...like where the heck did September go?!
    Yikes, I'd wear a dust mask as well if I were you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sigh, just get a cup of tea, put your feet up, and enjoy the day. All that will still be there when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know what you mean about having good intentions to get things done and getting sidetracked instead. Oh well, I guess we can try again tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many time I start something and then get "side-tracked" and well you know the drill. Anyway I do hope whatever those journals are infested with it's long gone by now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm right there with you! I'm always off to check things out, too. I spend way too much time on this computer. Love the old books. My mom loved books and had tons. Silverfish liked to eat them, so maybe that's what the infestation is. I had a September list that didn't get done either. I had hoped to do a fall cleaning, but I guess it will have to wait until spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I had a September like that Terri and I tried stepping away from the computer to make it easier. I managed to not post, which isn't tough for me but I couldn't stop reading and commenting.. :) Our winter and summer clothes are out all year in the closet. We don't have many clothes now that we are retired.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well Terri I am having that same problem September has come and gone and I have not accomplished all I wanted but that is OK.
    Infested books scary:):) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bet those poor books have book worms. I wonder if the sunshine would kill them. Yes, I have too much to do, and never seem to get it done....I mean, MOST of it, stays NOT done! I don't work, but I have health issues. Still, for someone who stays home most of the time, I'm embarrassed to say I can't get through my long, long list of projects. I am STILL quilting on a quilt that should have been finished two months ago. I am behind in some paperwork I do every month for the church. My house hasn't been cleaned in....well, I won't admit THAT! :-) I think I will eventually organize and throw out. Hasn't been happening. It's sad. :-) But, you are likely in very good company.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate all of my visitors- please let me know you were here!